Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Phew!

The holidays are over. It was another fun Christmas and New Year but I have to say that I am, as usual, glad to be done. I like getting back to the routine. I also am glad to be finished with all the yummy goodies that we have around during the holidays. Not only do I lack any self control, but my kids think they need dessert after EVERY meal and snacks! We are working on getting rid of that mentality, for them anyway. I still sneak treats after breakfast but the key is to not let them see me!

We had a fabulous holiday season. It was so fun to get Christmas cards and letters from our friends and family. I love hearing and seeing how everyone is doing. We will someday reciprocate and send some too, but you may not want to hold your breath :)

I have been thinking a lot lately about how fortunate we are to be surrounded by so many good people. There are positive influences and great support all around and I am so thankful for that. So in lieu (wow, that is a word I'm not sure I spelled correctly!) of a Christmas card this year I will just say Thank You to all. We would not be where we are without you!!!

Also, here are a few holiday pictures I wanted to share......(and they are not in any particular order because I am clearly blogger-challenged and can't make them go where I want them!)


























3 comments:

jenny brady said...

I haven't seen your grandma for so long! She looks exactly the same! I love all the pics. Looks like a fun Christmas! Love ya!

Stefani B. said...

Looks like you had fun! We haven't gotten cards out in years! I'm glad I'm not the only one who just can't seem to get to it!

Anonymous said...

You are so gorgeous. If I were you, Adrienne, I would just stare in the mirror all day long. Nuff said. Miss you!
Dani