Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Big 5!!!





Macie, Ellie, Claire, Avery, Shelby and Emma

Macie celebrated her 5th birthday on the 13th. Macie woke up to a little pile of presents which she opened like a pro. We had a quick breakfast of Justin's specialty, wheat pancakes, which are a big hit at our house. We cruised to Cole's last basketball game of the season then cruised home just in time for Macie's princess party. Macie usually gets nice spring weather for her birthday but not this year. It was a total blizzard! But we didn't let that dampen our spirits :)
We invited Macie's friends for lunch (pizza and grapes at Macie's request), a wild rendition of the animal game (where Cole ended the game as a tree, which was tricky because we were guessing animals since it is the "animal" game and all), cupcakes, making a bracelet and a treasure hunt. Cole was a great helper and was known as "grape boy" because it was his job to bring the grapes when there was a request for more. The princesses were super cute and most of the bracelets turned out cute too. Justin and I were a little challenged when it came to getting the knot to stay so Claire, Avery and Macie had to make theirs twice!
We ended the birthday celebration with dinner, cake and ice cream. Just the 4 of us. Then we all danced around to Macie's Birthday Mix CD that Justin made for her. When I say all, I mean Cole, Macie and I danced. Justin hasn't done much dancing in the past few weeks for obvious reasons!! Her favorites are "Pour Some Sugar on Me" (yes, by Def Leppard) and "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun."

1 comments:

Maddy said...

Adorable cake I love it.